For centuries, people around the globe have been searching for Ponce de Leon’s Fountain of Youth with hopes of finding a way to preserve their youth forever. After all, most individuals often associate eternal youth with everlasting energy, good health, and an attractive appearance.
When asked whether they would prefer having a youthful body or a youthful face if given the option, a group of women involved in a study funded by Botox’s Allergan said they would prefer having a youthful-looking face. The women revealed that they already knew the secrets to achieving a more youthful-looking body, which involved exercising regularly and practicing good nutrition. But most of the women admitted that they were unsure about how to achieve a youthful-looking face for decades on end.
While the Fountain of Youth may not be a real source of everlasting youth, advancements in medical technology have made it possible for women and men alike to achieve their goals of looking more youthful.
Here is a list of minimally invasive cosmetic procedures that can help you achieve a more youthful face and appearance.
- Injectables and dermal fillers. Injectables such asBotox and Xeomin can help reduce and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles, whereas dermal fillers such as Juvederm and Radiesse can help combat fine lines and wrinkles, as well as plump up and add volume to your skin.
- Chemical peels. Chemical peels can help reduce fine lines, wrinkles, scars, and discoloration, and can help even out your skin tone.
- Dermabrasion. Dermabrasion treatment will remove the upper layer of your skin to help eliminate wrinkles, acne scars, and other types of skin blemishes.
- Photorejuvenation. This treatment uses intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy to help treat and remove sun spots, brown spots, broken capillaries, and melasma.
- Laser treatments. Laser skin resurfacing, IPL, and laser skin rejuvenation are all effective types of laser treatments that can help restore youth by rejuvenating and softening damaged skin.
- Microneedling with CosmoPen. Microneedling is a form of Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) that helps your skin form new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibers, and can help treat wrinkles, fine lines, acne, scars, stretch marks, signs of aging, and more.
- Eyelid surgery. Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, can reshape the skin and tissue around your eyes to help restore a youthful, rested look. Eyelid surgery can treat the upper eyelid, lower eyelid, or both.
- Fat transfer. Facial fat transfer, or fat grafting, is a procedure in which fat is removed from another part of your body and transferred to areas of your face that have lost volume -- helping restore youth to your appearance.
- Facelift. A facelift will pull your skin back toward your ears and hairline to help eliminate skin folds and wrinkles.
GLOW Surgical Arts offers a variety of cosmetic surgery and minimally invasive procedures to help you look and feel more attractive. Request a consultation online, or call GLOW Surgical Arts at (650) 241-2209.