Botox is one of the most popular, non-surgical cosmetic treatments due to its ability to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles, and also because the procedure is associated with very little downtime and usually takes no longer than 15 minutes to administer. Due to how widespread the procedure is, many health care offices now offer the procedure, including general surgeons, dermatologists, gynecologists, family physicians, and nurses. Even some department stores are offering Botox treatments in their cosmetic salons.
Considering how relatively easy it is to find a health care provider that offers Botox treatments, it’s important to make sure you choose a professional with experience in administering Botox injections. In some cases, Botox injectors with little to no experience may attempt to attract patients and customers by advertising Botox injections for extremely low prices. While low prices are guaranteed to get more patients in the door, those patients may experience problems with complications and adverse outcomes down the road in exchange for having paid less.
To avoid ending up with a less-than-experienced Botox injector, follow these tips for help with choosing a true Botox professional.
- Look for doctors offices that offer Botox along with other cosmetic treatments. Clinics that offer cosmetic surgery and other non-surgical cosmetic treatments such as dermal fillers and laser treatments will often have more experience and be up to date on qualifications.
- Take advantage of scheduling a free consultation with a Botox injector to discuss qualifications. Most clinics will offer free consultations to discuss procedures with you in full, and to answer any questions you may have about your potential Botox treatment. Be wary of clinics that pressure you to undergo a Botox treatment immediately.
- Ask the Botox injector to provide you with before-and-after photos of other patients who have undergone Botox treatments.
- Verify that the Botox injections will be administered by a practitioner who is adequately trained and qualified. You may also want to verify that the practitioner is registered with the right regulatory authority. In most cases, you can verify this information using the Internet.
- Read online reviews to learn more about the office offering Botox. Many patients will often write online reviews about physicians and medical offices, especially if they’ve had a negative experience.
- Ask the Botox injector where (on you!) they plan on injecting the Botox. Experienced and qualified Botox injectors will provide you with precise feedback regarding where they plan on injecting you based on the results you desire.
- Keep in mind that offices that offer exceptionally low prices on Botox may be diluting the product. In some cases, offices with less experience will dilute the Botox solution in order to charge less -- leading to no results, or results that only last for a few weeks.
- Ask the Botox injector about potential complications, risks, and side effects that could occur after Botox treatment. An experienced injector will ask you whether you smoke, and about whether you’re taking any medications that could affect treatment.
- Find out how many treatments you’ll be required to undergo to achieve your ideal look. The Botox injector should be able to provide you with realistic information based on your current appearance and goals.
- Ask the Botox injector to provide you with a list of pre- and post-Botox treatment instructions. Every experienced injector should be able to provide you with instructions that could reduce the risk for complications and help achieve an optimal outcome.
Are you interested in receiving Botox injections to eliminate frown lines and fine wrinkles? GLOW Surgical Arts offers the proven cosmetic surgery procedures and treatments you’ve been seeking! Sign up for a free consultation or call GLOW Surgical Arts at (650) 241-2209.