Scenario: You are a Botox regular. You get your treatments every 3-4 months religiously. You know this treatment is great at minimizing the appearance of fine lines. But, as always, your Botox fades, and your fine lines come back. What now?
Botox and dermal fillers are a great fix. But in order to fully achieve a more youthful complexion, you need to think about skincare. A healthy mix of glycolic, anti-oxidants (vitamins A, C, and E), sun protection, and moisturizers is the key to a glowing complexion. Here is an example of a great skincare regimen:
- Cleanser - choose a cleanser based on your skin type or preferred consistency
- Vitamin C Serum - to help boost your SPF, aid in the repair of skin cells, and boost collagen production
- Moisturizer - choose a moisturizer based on your skin type
- Eye cream - for that morning puffiness
- Sun Protection of SPF 30 or higher - to protect your skin from the number one cause of wrinkles…SUN!
- Cleanser - with a glycolic to resurface dead skin cells
- Retin-A - an exfoliant that helps increase cell turnover to reveal fresh skin (cell turnover slows down as we age)
- Eye Cream - for those crow’s feet
- Moisturizer - should be heavier than your daily moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated after using the exfoliating products mentioned above.
Skincare is the best way to highlight the effects of a Botox or dermal filler treatment while preventing further aging of the skin. It does not stop the aging process completely, but it sure can slow it down. As always, make sure you drink plenty of water and eat fruits and vegetables. See my blog “Beautiful skin starts from the inside out” for more about the effects of foods on your skin.
At GLOW, we carry the IMAGE skincare line, which offers a wide variety of products based on your skin type. IMAGE carries products with the recommended antioxidants, glycolic and SPF. We can also dispense or prescribe Retin-A to complete your balanced skin care regimen.
Learn more about our IMAGE line, or stop by for a complimentary skin care analysis.
© GLOW Skin Revived and GLOW Skin Revived blog, 2011-2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to GLOW Skin Revived and the GLOW Skin Revived blog, with appropriate and specific direction to the original content