We've all heard the saying when the seasons change and spring approaches time for spring cleaning! You proceed to clean everything out whether it be your wardrobe or nick knacks around the house that have seen better days...but what about your skincare products? We've all done it... kept all the little sample products of creams, cleansers, toners, masks, that are all outdated or have never been touched!
Well you know what I say? Out with the old, in with the new! Summer is here and is in full effect. Ask yourself “Do I have a good sunscreen and skincare regiment?” Everyone should have the basics as I like to call it to their daily skincare regimen, what are these you ask? I like to keep it simple and less congested with my skincare ritual. I am a firm believer in having 4 products on hand ALWAYS.
- Facial Cleanser
- Daily Moisturizer
Below are a few healthy tips to jump start the process of protecting your skin:
- The best way to protect yourself this summer and keep your skin looking great is to use sunscreen every day. Use a sunscreen that is a combination sunscreen and moisturizer (your skin surface needs extra lubrication in the summer months). You need to nourish your skin with healthy vitamins and anti-oxidants, so that while you are protecting your skin from the sun, you also receive rejuvenating and anti-aging benefits. Check out our IMAGE Daily Defense moisturizers with sun protection on our IMAGE page or the next time you stop by our office. Remember sunscreen is a must to have on hand year round, not just summer!
- Make sure you drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Eat plenty of fruits and salads to keep your skin looking firmer, and your digestive track healthy.
- For any skin type, make sure to cleanse your skin daily! In your morning and evening routine, you want to make sure you wash off the toxins on your skin. Look for a cleanser that is gentle and has AH (alpha hydroxy) and BH (beta hydroxy) acids or papaya-based products. The papain enzyme within papaya helps to remove dead skin cells and encourage new skin growth.
- Wear lip balms that are moisturized for the summer and are a minimum of 15 SPF. Lip balms without sun protection should be avoided because the gloss may attract the harmful UV rays.
- Make sure you exfoliate your skin two to three times a week to remove unwanted dead skin that may be clogging your pores. There are physical scrubs like oatmeal or sugar and chemical exfoliants like AH and salicylic acids and retinioids which are found in most medical grade skin care masks and cleansers. Gently cleansing with a clean face cloth is inexpensive and effective as well.
So the next time you find yourself rummaging through old skincare products say to yourself Out with the old, in with new!
© GLOW Skin Revived and GLOW Skin Revived blog, 2011-2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to GLOW Skin Revived and the GLOW Skin Revived blog, with appropriate and specific direction to the original content